Friday, June 6, 2014

Review of the "Total Beauty Favorites Sampler Collection" + 2 for 1 Discount Code!

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I'm just a wee bit obsessed with Total Beauty's makeup collections.  They are comprised of both full size products and luxury cosmetic samples and always come in beautiful packaging.  Since purchasing one does not create a future obligation, they are also a nice break from monthly subscription services.  It looks like they assemble a certain number of boxes under one theme, then just advertise that collection on their site until they run out. As each collection nears the end of its run, Total Beauty often slashes the price dramatically.  As you will see below, that is the time to buy!

My most recent purchase was Total Beauty's "Favorites Sampler Collection".  This one contained four full size products, two travel size and three deluxe samples.  This collection arrived in a white box full of pink crinkle shreds




The first full size item is a tube of St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub.  I have received this product in various subscription boxes.  It is a drug store brand but as it's one I like, I'm not complaining. I know from experience that this works well and lasts a long time.



There is a hair care sample duo by EVOLVh, a 2 oz. bottle of both shampoo and conditioner from their UltraShine Moisture line.  My hair just soaks up moisturizing products so I'm glad to get these.  I also like getting "matched" shampoo and conditioner samples.  There is enough product here for several uses.




Neutrogena Naturals provided the ubiquitous lip balm for this box.  This one is loaded with Vitamin E so is especially hydrating and nourishing.



Another lip balm is a colored one by NYX.  This one is in the color "Grazie", which is a pretty mauvish pink color that I think would look good on most women.



There is a deluxe sample of Cristalli Liquidi Serum by Alfaparf....wow, that's a mouthful! This is an illuminating serum made of linseed extract and the "sparkle of diamonds" (that's what it says) which adds light, shine and softness to hair, making it softer and more manageable.  I'm sure my hair will love this clearly Italian product.


The messy looking pouch on the left in the next photo contains two sample pots of Ferro Mini Blush.  The two colors look very similar to me, but one is called "Suzie's Glow" and the other is called "Terra Cotta".  I like getting blush samples; they will get used!

The only really small sample in this collection is Juara Candlenut Body Creme which is inspired by beauty secrets from Bali and Indonesian beauty treatments.



The final product is a full size NYX roll-on eye shadow in a very sparkly "walnut" shade.  I don't use eye shadow myself but this is an interesting and different application concept.



That's everything in the Total Beauty Favorites Sampler Collection.  The great news is that you can get all of this for only $15.  The even better news is that you can get TWO of these for a total of $20 by using the code 2FER.  So get one for yourself and get one for a friend!

In case you don't know, if you sign on to Total Beauty's site through eBates, you can get an 8.5% rebate on your purchase.  If (as I suspect) the rebate applies to the beauty collections, that would effectively make the price $18.30 for two....an incredible amount of product for such a low price.

Because the price has been slashed so drastically on this collection, I'm guessing it won't be available much longer.  If you're interested, I'd go grab a couple right now!

Let me know what you think about this collection.

Thank you for reading,

Cheryl

No comments: