Friday, June 13, 2014

Orange Glad Sweet Box June 2014 Review + 10% Discount Code!

Each month, Orange Glad sends an assortment of the most delectable gourmet baked sweets.  If you missed my first review of this company which gives all the subscription details, you can check it out here.

Since this was only my second Sweet Box, I'm not sure what packaging they normally use. But this month's desserts were double boxed in quite an elegant manner. The outer box was the same as last month's but inside was a white gift box trimmed with an aqua ribbon. Brown crinkle strips were used as filler in both boxes.



Every item in this box was packaged in cellophane and meticulously tied with raffia. The packaging did seem a little excessive but hey....there were scrumptious desserts to protect and they took that mission seriously!



The "Sweet Box Menu" describes each item, tells who made it and gives a note about how soon it should be consumed....an important detail for such perishable bakery goods.  They don't bother with nutritional information.  Anybody who is obsessed with that probably isn't subscribing to this box!



I didn't expect to like the two little triangles filled with jelly by Lily's Bakery Shop because I don't normally like dough heavy pastries.  But....these are exquisite.  I heated one for about 20 seconds in the microwave and it just had a melt-in-your-mouth buttery texture with a bit of fruity sweetness on the inside. These are called "Hamantashen" which is a Yiddish word meaning "Hamen's pockets".  These are traditionally eaten during the Jewish holiday of Purim.



Next is a Salted Caramel Cream cookie from The Cravory.  I haven't tried this one yet but I understand it's delicious.  It's made with salted caramel, infused with vanilla chips and finished with sea salt sprinkles. Sounds like an interesting and unusual savory/sweet mix!



Then there is the Luscious Lemon Bar made by the Fine Sconehenge Baking Co.  I'm not usually a big fan of lemon bars but this is the best one I've ever tasted.  It is obviously made from scratch with quality ingredients.  Very rich and very good!



Next is Rip Van Wafels "Traditional Amsterdam Wafel".  I'm going to try this one tomorrow morning because they suggest setting it on the rim of your hot drink so the steam can warm it up and infuse the waffle with the flavor of your drink.  Sounds interesting!



The last item is a Cheryl's Buttercream Summer Cookie.  I wish I could tell you that I owned Cheryl's Cookies but alas...'tis not the case.  Suffice to say, I have a LOT of experience tasting this company's products and they are excellent, particularly the buttercream cookies which is what they are most known for. I would like to have seen more than just one of these in this box.

  

What can I say?  Everything in this box is the absolute best gourmet quality and represents pure blissful indulgence. Who couldn't use that at least once a month? My only complaint (and it's a small one) is that there is not one smidgen of chocolate in this box! As far as I'm concerned, there should be a law concerning that.  Otherwise, I'm a happy girl!

You can get 10% off your first Orange Glad order by using code YUMMY10 at checkout.  I can't imagine anyone with a serious sweet tooth NOT enjoying this box!

Thank you for reading,

Cheryl (regretfully NOT the owner of Cheryl's Cookies!)

No comments: