Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wantable Accessories Box Review, May 2014 + 10% Cash Back

Wantable is a monthly subscription service where you choose from among three categories (makeup, accessories or intimates), then answer a few style questions related to that category. They send hand picked full size products that are customized according to your choices.  The subscription cost is $36 per month. If you want to buy a single box, the cost is $40.  You can pause or cancel at any time and shipping and returns are free (a GREAT benefit).

I have read a lot of rave reviews about Wantable and after receiving my first box, I can see why.  I chose the Accessories category.  In each box, they send a little snapshot view of the style choices you indicated. Here's what mine looked like:



The items and traits in pink are the things that most appeal to me, the words in aqua represent things I like and the terms in black are the things I marked as "dislike".  You will get something from your "Love" choices and probably from your "Like" choices but you will not get something that you marked as "Dislike".  To make it clear that your box has been customized for you, they put a printed sticker inside the lid that says "Packed especially for: <your name>".  I don't know of any other subscription box that does that!

I received four accessories in my box. The first item is a beautiful ivory infinity scarf with a very subtle pattern.  This one is lightweight enough to not be annoying and versatile enough to go with anything.  Really great pick Wantable! 


   




Next is an interesting necklace with an aqua pendant, packaged in a black velvet Wantable logo bag:  This has a double rose gold chain and lots of extra mixed metal chain detail above the pendant.  Again, it's a versatile piece that will complement a lot of outfits.  





Since I indicated that I like watches, they included a lovely one with a pretty salmon pink band.  It has rhinestone accents around the face and three sub-dials.  This is a stainless steel watch with a quartz movement, again packaged in a black Wantable bag.  I have a lot of fashion watches but none in this unusual color.  







The last item is the one I'll be returning.  It's a little midi ring, meant to be worn on the second joint of your little finger. (Size 2.75!)  It's pretty but just not practical for me.  I've never understood how ladies keep these rings on and manage to get anything done without the ring flying off!  (Update:  I've just learned that Wantable's policy for returning the complete box is very easy; however, there is a complicated formula for returning just one item.  Because the midi ring is the lowest value item in my box, the return doesn't meet their criteria, so I'm not able to return the ring. Boo!)




So that's three "hits" that clearly reflect my tastes and preferences and one minor "miss"...not bad at all for my very first box!  The scarf and watch came from my "Love" category and the necklace and ring came from the "Like" category.  Of course, the results will be different for everyone depending on the style preferences chosen. You can go back and tweak those choices as often as you want. 

If you'd like to try Wantable, click here.  Also, if you sign up for a monthly subscription or a one time box through eBates, you can get 10% cash back on any Wantable order through June 30, 2014.

Can't wait to see what comes in next month's Wantable box!

Cheryl

No comments: