Saturday, May 10, 2014

Blush Mystery Beauty Box May 2014 Review + Get $10 Gift Card!

Every once in a while, I feel that a subscription service has run out of motivation or just isn't on their game. That was the case with my Blush Mystery Beauty Box for May. This was a very "light" box with fewer full size products than usual and several things I've seen before in various other beauty boxes.  This is definitely not typical of the generously packed Blush boxes that I've received over the past year.

If you'd like to catch up on my earlier Blush reviews, please click here for the February 2014 review and click here for the April 2014 review.

May's box included two full size products, three luxury samples and three small samples, definitely not what I'm used to with Blush.  Blush did classify a couple of the samples as "full size", but I think they were taking great liberties in doing so. I literally felt around inside the black bag to see if I was missing anything!



The first item is a Hand Mask Pack by Bioxidea.  The packaging looks exactly like their face masks which have come in a lot of beauty boxes but I don't think I've seen this hand mask before.  The pouch contains a pair of gloves which contain highly concentrated ingredients.  You shake up the bag, put the gloves on, then wait 15 to 30 minutes.  The idea is to rejuvenate, soften and moisturize the hands.

There is also a small sample of Amlactin moisturizing body lotion plus a $3.00 coupon and a very small sample of Eau Thermale Avene, which I think is a moisturizer.  Not enough to really give it a good trial.



I have to laugh at the full size tube of Pur-Lisse because I've been seeing these in almost every beauty box for the past few months.  I don't even want to guess at how many I have accumulated.  All I can say is that the Pur-Lisse sales person is doing a wonderful job at getting their product out in the subscription boxes!  Is there anyone out there who hasn't tried Pur-Lisse by now?  It IS a good product!



Another repeat is a small sample of "Miracle Skin Transformer Face" by Sarah McNamara. This is a tinted moisturizer.  For some reason, the printing and labeling is smeared on every one of these that I've received. Makes me wonder if they had packaging quality problems and dumped all the defective ones on the sub box companies?

  

A new product this time is Peter Thomas Roth's "Oilless Oil, 100% Purified Squalane". This is an oil derived from sugarcane that improves fine lines, wrinkles, elasticity and radiance. This looks like a pretty intense treatment where a little will go a long way. This product has very mixed reviews on Sephora with a lot of people saying it does not absorb well.  So, the jury is out on this one.



Although quite small, my favorite product this month is a blush duo by Glo-Minerals in the shades "Bare" and "Hibiscus".  I think you are supposed to run your brush over both of the pans to get a mix of color. Individually, they are too small for a brush to pick up the color effectively.  This color combination would look good on almost everyone.



Last is a sample of Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow in the shade "Silver Sands" by Laura Geller. This has a very long and pointed tip so you can get the smallest amount possible on your fingertips.  This looks like a luxury sample size with enough product to last for quite a while.



So, there you have it for May's very skimpy box.  Let's hope Blush comes back to life with some exciting new products in June!

If you would like a $10 gift card that can be used at Blush.com, DermStore.com or hairenvy.com, please:

a.  Subscribe to this blog
b.  E-mail me at thelonestarshopper@gmail.com with your e-mail address or
     leave your e-mail address in the Comments below

Please note that they won't send the gift cards to e-mail addresses that are already signed up on any of those sites.  Also, I am not sure if the $10 gift card can be used towards a subscription to the Blush Mystery Beauty Box.  If anyone has tried this, please let me know in the Comments below.

Blush away,

Cheryl

No comments: