Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Best of August 2014...What Made Me Happy This Month!

Did you know that today (August 31st) is National Trail Mix Day?  Neither did I.  Since this holiday doesn't exactly incite me to wild celebratory acts, I thought I'd share a few things that DID bring me joy this past month. This is a completely random list of "happies" with just a couple of exclusions to protect the innocent. 


My little girl Lili getting her wild on!



Those spectacular summer peaches!



Selling a pair of rubber gorillas on eBay!  (I'm not making this up)



Finishing a book by one of my favorite authors



Tarina Tarantino Lipstick in "Watermelon Wow" - best cosmetic
received in an August subscription box (Boxycharm)



Diana Divine Necklace - best non-cosmetic product received in an
August subscription box (Cate & Chloe)



Feeding pears to these two big clowns!



Getting delicious home-made desserts from my generous neighbors
(Thanks Toni & Paul!)



Essie's "Topless & Barefoot" nail polish, a sand shade with just a hint of pink
Perfect summer neutral is particularly flattering on short nails!



Three Dog Night CD ("Shambala" is stuck on repeat in my head at the moment.)
I saw them perform about fifteen years ago. NOBODY rocks like a nostalgia
fueled over-40 crowd dancing to "Joy to the World"!
(Thank you Pat!)


So, goodbye August!  There are many less tangible blessings but the above were a few of the highlights for me.  I hope they inspire you to consider what made you happy this month.

Of course, my readers also make me very happy....thank you for your loyalty!

Cheryl

No comments: