Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nadine West July 2014 Style Subscription Review, Risk-Free Shopping!

If you like the idea of getting surprises in the mail but don't want to pay for them before seeing what you get, Nadine West just may be the subscription service you're looking for. Each month, they send one top and two or three pieces of matching jewelry that are based on a style quiz taken when you sign up. The combination does vary but almost all of the items are under $25; some are well under that amount. You have ten days to review them, then are charged only for the items you keep.  Send the rest back using their postage paid envelope...it's easy and absolutely risk free!

Included with your shipment is a personalized letter showing the items you received and their prices if you decide to keep them. There is a space beside each item to write a comment if you want to return something.  

When my first Nadine West bag arrived, I was a little taken aback, thinking it was an Ipsy bag...which I have already received this month.  Nadine West uses the same hot pink metallic bubble mailers that Ipsy uses.

  

I received an absolutely beautiful grass green trapeze style racerback top by "d'closet". This very light and transparent top would look great over a tank. I was hoping to receive something a little more fashion forward than I usually choose for myself and this was definitely it.  BUT...the top fits as if it were one to two sizes smaller than the size stated on the tag.  Sadly, it must go back.  I am really disappointed about this because I love the top and would have liked to incorporate it into my summer wardrobe. There is no retail price on the top but the price to keep it is $16.49.



Next was a pair of black chandelier earrings.  These are lightweight and pretty but chandelier earrings just aren't me. I'm sure that I indicated in the Style Quiz that this was not my preference so not sure what happened here. No retail price was given but the price to keep these is $7.99.



The third item I received is a beautiful evergreen leaf pendant by Sumni.  This is a long necklace with a pretty gold box chain.  The leaf is about 3-1/2" long and loaded with sparkly green cabochons and rhinestones. (The photo really doesn't do it justice!) The retail price marked on this is $46.99 and the price to keep it is $24.99.



When I send the top back, I'll definitely indicate that there was a size labeling issue and see if that gets corrected next month. I really like that you don't have to call or e-mail Nadine West for a return authorization.  Everything you need to return an item is included in the shipment. Don't you wish ALL returns were that easy?

Nadine West is a fairly new company and as such, they seem to be truly dedicated to customer service. With no commitment and no monthly fees, there really is no risk in trying them out. Shipping is free both ways. Also, you can skip a month or cancel at any time just by e-mailing customer service. 

It remains to be seen whether I can count on Nadine West for wardrobe and accessory updates but I do like their concept and have high hopes for this kind of risk-free trial shopping experience.  Plus, I can use ALL the style help I can get!

Have you tried Nadine West?  If so, what did you think?

Cheryl

No comments: