Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag Review, June 2014 - Best $10 Beauty Subscription Buy!

In my opinion, Ipsy probably gives the most bang for the buck (just 10 of them) of any of the low priced beauty subscription services. For quite a while now, they've led the pack in terms of low price and product quality. Ipsy's signature addition to every month's shipment is a cute little cosmetic bag....after two years, my collection is quite impressive!

For June, Ipsy's theme was "Pretty in Paradise".  Their Glam Bag included three full size items and two luxury samples.



This month's cosmetic pouch is tagged "Rebecca Minkoff for Ipsy" and has an artsy tropical floral print that nicely reflects the month's theme.



The first sample is a 2 oz. bottle of "Wind Kissed" fragranced body mist by Essence of Beauty. This is a light delicate mist with a clean floral scent.



Next is a full size NYX Butter Gloss in "Apple Strudel".  This has a sweet smell and goes on with sheer to medium coverage that melts on your lips without being sticky.  I like the concept but this color is too bright and artificial looking for me.



There is a black liquid eyeliner from Jesse's Girl.  I have read great reviews about these pens but also that they run out of product quickly.  Apparently, they allow more control and precision in eyeliner application than traditional liquid eyeliners.



There has been a lot of complaining about the next product, a mascara by Be A Bombshell in "Lash Out", which is a black.  Most of the objections I've heard have related to the smell.  There is a light odor but I really don't find it objectionable and I'm interested to give this product a try.



The last item is a sample of Dream Waves Beach Spray by Marc Anthony.  This adds body, texture and definition creating loose, beachy waves while adding moisture and shine.  I guess this is a natural product for summer but it does seem like there have been way too many similar products in other beauty bags this year.  



Although the value is definitely there, several of the June products just aren't right for me. As I mentioned in last month's review, they now have a questionnaire that allows for better customization. That profile system was not available back in their My Glam days when I first subscribed. That may explain why I've been receiving a few products that don't match my skin tone or are wrong for my hair. Anyway, I've filled out the profile now so we'll see what comes next month.

If you would like to subscribe to Ipsy's Glam Bag, click here.  Be sure to fill out the style questionnaire, then be on the lookout for your first hot pink bubble mailer!

Thanks for reading,

Cheryl

No comments: