Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Walmart Beauty Box Subscription Review, Fall 2014, FREE + $5 S/H!!

When you think about beauty subscription boxes, I bet the name Walmart doesn't leap to mind!  But maybe it should.  They have a new seasonal beauty box subscription that sends you a box every three months.  The box is free; you just pay $5.00 for shipping and handling.  As someone who ships on a daily basis, I can tell you that $5.00 doesn't even cover the postage on this box much less the handling costs. This is a true sampling program where you actually do get something for nothing.

I received the Fall box about two weeks after signing up.  I wasn't expecting much so was really surprised at what it contained.  The products arrived in a good sized branded white box.    

 

No explanatory card in this one, just a small ad card:




Inside this almost free box are two full size products, two luxury samples and two small samples.






First is a full size Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid antiperspirant/deodorant.  I believe this is a brand new product so it's nice that Walmart is giving us the opportunity to try things out before buying.  Retail $7.92



Next is an anti-aging product from Olay Regenerist.  This is a micro-sculpting cream moisturizer that promises visible results on day one.  Again, I believe this is a new product and I'm happy to give it a try.  I thought this was full size but at .5 oz., I believe it's actually a generous sample size. The full size is 1.7 oz and retails for $21.49.  So the retail value on this sample is about $6.32.



I'm not crazy about perfume samples but hey....free is free.  This one is "Couture" by Juicy Couture. This casual wear perfume is a blend of pink grape, orange flower, mandarin, plum, honeysuckle and sandalwood.  I somehow broke the pump spray top and sprayed this all over myself so am qualified to tell you that it has a light clean fruity scent....and it's not too strong! I was surprised to find this brand at Walmart; of course, that's the whole point of this box.

The other sample is a duo pack of shampoo and conditioner from Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy.  These are formulated for damaged and/or colored hair.



There is a full size Continuous Color lipstick from Covergirl in shade 420, Iced Mauve. This is a really wearable dark plum color that I think will look good on most women. Retail $4.94



My favorite product in this box is the Revitalift Triple Power deep-acting moisturizer from L'Oreal. This contains hyaluronic acid, a proven wrinkle fighter.  It hydrates, smooths skin and boosts radiance. At .5 oz., this is what I'd call a luxury sample size. The full size is 1.7 oz. and retails for $19.97 so this is worth about $5.87.



Not counting the two small samples, the total retail value of the products in this box is $25.05. Not bad at all for the measly five bucks I paid!  The items in a Walmart Beauty Box may not have the prestige appeal of some of the luxury brands found in other subscription boxes but these are all completely usable and useful products.  As anyone who receives multiple beauty sub boxes knows, that is valuable in itself!   

If you're interested in trying Walmart's Beauty Box, click here.  I'm not sure what their cut-off date for the Fall box is but I'm guessing you'll get the current one if you sign up now. The Winter box should come in December.  

At just $5.00, this is probably the least expensive subscription box around.  I was pleased that there were no weird filler products and especially that they included a couple of new products from well known brands.  I have no reservations in recommending Walmart's Beauty Box...it is a terrific deal!

Cheryl

No comments: