Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Beauty Test Tube March 2014 Review + $5.00 Off!

One of my favorite beauty subscription services or "sampling programs" is New Beauty Test Tube.  Six times a year, they send a tube full of deluxe and full-sized beauty products from the hottest brands.

When signing up, you fill out a profile that indicates what kinds of products you'd like to sample. As you can see by the products I received, I had asked for mostly skin care products. I've found that the boxes do closely reflect the choices I made on the profile. You could choose to receive products more geared to hair, nails, make-up, bath and body, travel sizes or "whatever".  You can change your profile choices at any time.

The Test Tube is $29.95 plus shipping and handling.  When you sign up, you also get a subscription to "New Beauty" magazine which is mailed separately.  

The Spring Test Tube arrived in this box.  Usually, the box contains a separate plastic bag containing bonus products in addition to the Test Tube.  In this case, they were labeled as "beauty to-go".



This Test Tube came with 13 products, including 2 full-sized products.  Most of the rest are luxury sample sizes.  As shown in the photos below, you get a LOT with this subscription, making it not only a great value, but my most highly anticipated beauty box each season.


Every Test Tube comes with a color brochure with a page describing each item, where to get it and how to use it. This leaflet goes into more helpful detail about the products than I've seen provided with any other beauty subscription service.



The MOST exciting product in this Test Tube is a full size Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush. This blush retails for $26.00 so it is almost worth the price of the box by itself.  If you've been plugged into the beauty community for any length of time, you've probably heard about this product.  It features a unique skin-softening formula and gives your cheeks a pretty color that lasts all day.  The color I received is called "Frisky", which ironically, I could not find on the sites of any of their recommended retailers. This is a hot pink blush which I thought would be too intense for my fair skin, but it actually looks more subtle on my face than it does in the pan.

A white organza bag contained a sample of "Intense Peptide Skin Recovery Complex". According to the information card included, this is a pharmaceutical grade formula that reduces fine lines and wrinkles and promotes collagen production. This was one of the bonus products. 



This Test Tube included a generous 2 oz. sample of "It's a 10" Miracle Leave-In Lite.  This is a leave-in conditioner intended to control frizziness and revive fine hair.  I definitely don't have fine hair but I do like this brand and will try this sample anyway.  

Next is a full size bottle of "Triple Action Vitamin C Antioxidant" serum by Professional Solutions.  This is an anti-aging product that brightens skin and boosts collagen. 



Another of the samples in this box was "Stem Cell Super-Food Facial Oil by Rodial.  I'm assuming this is another anti-aging serum.  There's barely enough here to really test out this product.



The next item is a mud mask called "Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment" by GlamGlow.  This is a professional quality product for women or men.  The full size product retails for $69 so I'm glad to have an opportunity to try this generous sample.  The mascara sample is called "Grande Mascara" by Grandelash-MD.  I've never seen a mascara in a see-through tube; maybe there is a reason for that?



One item I've seen in many of the beauty boxes over the past few months is the cleansing facial wipes by Simple.  This is one of those products you can always use no matter how many you get.  There are 7 wipes in this package.

Another product that I've received in a couple of other beauty boxes is the facial mask by Bioxidea, called "Miracle 48 Excellence Diamond & Gold".  It comes in two formulations, "Diamond" and "Gold".  The "Diamond" mask gives a slight fluorescent effect to the skin and the "Gold" mask is especially good for sensitive skin.  I received the "Gold" mask in my Test Tube.



Next is "Instant Wrinkle Filler" by Hydroxatone.  This must have been another of the bonus products as it is not shown in the brochure.  This is a luxury size sample as well.  "Hope in a Jar" by Philosophy is a high performance daily moisturizer made to improve dull dry skin. This is another expensive product in the full size so it's nice to be able to try a sample first.



Face primer is a fairly new concept in make-up application that I'm learning to appreciate. The black tube contains "Perfect Prep Face Primer" by YBF.  (Just realized that I photographed it backwards...sorry!) Anyway, this product super smooths the skin to allow for perfect foundation application.

The last product is a luxury sample of "Perfect Smoothing Shampoo" by Phytolisse.  Looks like there is enough here for at least 3 or 4 shampoos.



The current issue of "New Beauty" magazine arrived just before this Test Tube.  This is a huge magazine loaded with information and articles for beauty junkies.  Quite honestly, there is way more than I can absorb or that interests me in this magazine but I always flip through it to see what's new.  



As you can see, you get way more than your money's worth with New Beauty Test Tube.  It contains the most products of any beauty sample service that I've tried. Unlike many of the products in other recent beauty subscription boxes, there were several this time that I would actually buy in the full size, especially the Tarte blush and some of the products by "It's a 10".

If you'd like to try New Beauty Test Tube, they have a "Refer-A-Friend" program where you can get $5.00 off your first Test Tube. I don't have a code but if you'll send me your name and e-mail address, I will submit your information and they will send you an e-mail containing the discount.

Please send discount requests to me at:  cr8vgirl@aol.com.

I apologize for the lengthy review but there was a lot to talk about in this box. Thanks for sticking it out to the end!

Cheryl

2 comments:

PolishedPortland said...

This is a subscription that I'm really tempted to sign up for. It seems really great, and since you only get it once every two months, the higher price balances out.

Lone Star Shopper said...

Yes, that was sort of my reasoning too. I've subscribed for over a year now and still think it's one of the best deals for the money.