Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cloud 9 Sample Box February Chocolate Box Review + 10% Discount Code!!

This is a review that I have to write pretty much from memory as most of the contents of the February chocolate box from Cloud 9 are now history.  Fortunately I did take pictures so there is proof the box actually existed!

Cloud 9 is a family run company that provides monthly boxes containing hand selected "unique, delicious or fun" samples.  They want you to feel that you're "on Cloud 9" when enjoying their boxes!


My first Cloud 9 Sample Box arrived at warp speed.....just FOUR days after I placed my order! I got a small white box tied with a lavish pink fabric ribbon.



Here's my first look...lots of colorful confetti with a number of tasty looking treasures nestled inside:


The information card gives a good description of each item:


First was a small package of Plush Puffs Gourmet Marshmallows in the flavor "Chocolate Chipetta". These are cocoa flavored marshmallows with micro mini chocolate chips.  You could put these in hot chocolate but there is no way they would survive that long in my house!  They were the first thing that disappeared. They were so good that I will probably check out the vendor's website, something I rarely do. (www.plushpuffs.com, in case you're wondering)

The second item was a small package containing two Jiva Cubes.  These are hot chocolate cubes that you just drop in milk or water and stir.  I'm sure these would be wonderful with Plush Puffs, if mine had lasted long enough to try.


Next was a Big Nanny's Soft Biscotti in "Chocolate Walnut".  I'm not a huge biscotti fan but I ate this like a cookie and it was o.k.  Probably would have been better dunked in some hot drink.


When you see an individual chocolate packaged in its own box, you KNOW it must be something special....and this certainly was!  Inside this brown box was one giant milk chocolate Raspberry Truffle by DeBrand. The information card says these were listed as one of Oprah's Favorite Things in 2010.  Very good and also extremely quick to disappear.The little DeBrand's leaflet shows an array of gourmet chocolates that makes my head spin.  Definitely another website to check out. (www.debrand.com)  


Also included were four foil-wrapped chocolate hearts, two milk chocolate caramel and two dark chocolate raspberry.  I am hoarding these. For now. Maybe.


Last but certainly not least was a box of chocolate vanilla swirl cookies by Mia Dolci. These are very small thin wafers that taste similar to a graham cracker with a little chocolate mixed in. Very delicate and lower in sugar and fat than regular size cookies. This was a generously sized 2 oz. sample box.


All in all, this was a really decadent box that was most appropriate for Valentine's month.  I can't wait to see what they include in a normal month when the theme isn't just chocolate. (Not that I'm complaining...I love chocolate!)

The Cloud 9 Sample Box costs $15.00 per month plus $5.95 S&H.  One really nice thing about this company is that you can place a one time order and try out a box before deciding if you'd like to subscribe.

Get a 10% discount on your purchase with this code:  LONESTAR10.

I really enjoyed this box and am looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for reading,

Cheryl

No comments: