Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wantable Makeup Box Review for July 2014 + 10% Cash Back through eBates!

The only subscription box I know of that has three completely separate services is Wantable. You can subscribe separately to their Makeup, Accessories or Intimates boxes.  For each one, you have the option to fill out an initial preference survey to indicate your likes and dislikes.  Then they customize the boxes accordingly. Through personal experience with the Makeup and Accessories boxes, I've found that they do a very good job of this; I've never received an item that was really a miss.

To remind you of the choices you made, they include a card in each box.  You may remember from a previous review that mine looks like this:



A really nice feature is that you can tweak these preferences at any time to change the curation of your box. I've been very happy with what I've been getting but I may try that next month just to see how sensitive Wantable is to such changes.

My July box included four full sized items from top brands, a blush, a face primer, a lip gloss and a bronzer.  As you can see, all of those fall under the "Love" category on my preference card.  In reading other reviews, I see that the products are vastly different for other subscribers, presumably due to their own choices.  That level of customization really isn't that common in the subscription box world!

 

The Pearl Glow Luminizing Primer by Tarina Tarantino is an elegantly packaged product. The shade name is "Pearl" and it blends flawlessly into my skin becoming invisible as a well matched primer should.  Retail $32.

  

Next is a liquid blush by Ofra in the shade "Pink Lady".  The color looks pretty intense in the tube but it blends out beautifully to whatever shade you want...from hot pink to barely visible.  I have very little experience with liquid blushes so am interested to try this.  Retail $20.



Then there is a Face & Body Bronzer by MICA Beauty Cosmetics in the shade "Sunlight". This can be applied anywhere you want a little extra shimmer.  Again, it can be blended out to the intensity you desire. There is a sifter inside the lid that makes brush application much easier.  I would say the color is sort of a coppery blush.  Retail $45.

  

The last item is a lip gloss from a company I've never heard of...(PLA) Beauty in the shade "Sheer Beauty", which is a mauve pink color.  This is a lightweight long wearing formula that is full of antioxidants and other things that are good for your lips.  Retail $22.



I'm quite pleased with the contents of this month's Wantable Makeup box.  The items were clearly chosen with my preferences in mind.  The total retail value is $119, not bad considering that the box price is $36.  That is definitely on the high side for beauty boxes but the products are all full size luxury brands and you generally don't get things that are completely wrong for you.  I also look at this as an affordable way to try some high end products that I would otherwise not purchase because of price.

The Wantable boxes have been so popular that they apparently don't feel the need to put a lot of discounts out there.  However, if you sign up through eBates, you can get 10% cash back.  I believe this only applies to your first purchase so it might be advantageous to sign up for a multi-month subscription if this looks like a good fit for you.  

Wantable's Makeup boxes have definitely upgraded my cosmetics collection by introducing me to quite a few top quality brands at a fraction of their retail prices!

Cheryl   

No comments: