Thursday, April 3, 2014

Starlooks February 2014 Starbox Review

OK, this review is a bit late, like a MONTH late, but as it is one of the lesser known subscription boxes, I thought I'd give an introduction.  Starlooks Cosmetics has a line of professional quality makeup that is advertised as being natural looking and comfortable with emphasis on ease of application and blendability.  Their products are all cruelty free with no animal testing.  The monthly "Starbox" features three or four full size products, all from their own brand.  The cost for Starbox in the U.S. is $15.00 plus $2.68 for shipping.

After the lavish packaging I've become accustomed to with other beauty subscription boxes, I was initially underwhelmed by the small size and simple packaging of my first Starbox. This little box literally measures only 6.25"x5"x1".


Inside was the usual explanatory card showing descriptions for the four products inside:


The first product is a full-size Starlooks lipstick in the color "Drew".  This is an edgy metallic shade in sort of a light pinkish plum color.  It retails for $12.


Next is a Starlooks cream eye shadow in the shade "Phaser", a shimmery lavender color. This is a buildable shadow that allows customizable depth and color.  This also retails for $12.


The third cosmetic item is a container of Starlooks Pigment called "Tungsten", an extremely pigmented and shimmery charcoal gray shadow which retails for $17. There is a LOT of product in this little container!


Last is a beige colored nylon headband, not exciting, but always useful for keeping hair out of your face when applying makeup:


The information card mentions a crystal but there wasn't one in my box.  Apparently, you are supposed to collect them and make your own brush holder.  Oh well.

For me, the jury's still out.  I am reserving judgment until I see the next box. The total retail value of this box was $41 so I definitely got my money's worth and I believe these are all quality products.  However, this company is promoting only their own Starlooks branded cosmetics so it may be difficult for them to provide enough variety to keep subscribers interested for long.  They don't seem to be well known or widely reviewed so this might be a good time to try them out.  I have not been able to find any coupons or discount codes for Starbox, but if you're open-minded, at $15 plus shipping, I think you'll get some quality items at a good value.

Click here if you'd like to try them out!

As always, thanks for reading!

Cheryl

No comments: