Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Boxycharm March 2014 Box Review, $124 Value for $21!!!

Boxycharm's April boxes will start shipping tomorrow, so to get you in the mood, I thought I'd review their amazing March box. This is a bit late but the March products were so exceptional that I wanted to show them to you.  If you missed my last review which contained all the subscription details, check it out here.

Here's what their inner box and information card look like.  The color scheme this month was a pretty shade of purple, which I unfortunately forgot to photograph.




The first item is a beautiful Party-Proof cream lipstick by Model Co. in the shade "Pinking of You", which must be the THE quintessential Barbie shade!  This cool lipstick tube has a mirror built into one side of the lid.  It doesn't get much more handy than that.



Next is a full size tube of Purlisse Hydra-Balance facial moisturizer.  This is for normal to dry skin and has anti-aging properties. Purlisse products are frequently found in subscription boxes but I haven't seen this particular one before.  It's a nice big size (1.7 oz.) with enough product to really see how it works over time. This product retails for $55 so it alone is worth more than twice the cost ($21) of this box.



Then we have a pot of Shimmer Powder by bellapierre (they don't capitalize it).   This is an eye shadow made of 100% pure Mica powder that can be used on its own or to amp up another color.  The shade of this one is called "Earth"....it has brown undertones, but there is also a shimmery pink to the color.  Very pretty!  I also like that it has a sifting tray inside the lid.  



Another product by bellapierre is a Make Up Base.  This is used to transform shimmer powders to matte but it can also be used as a concealer.  This is a small pot but a little of this obviously goes a long way.



The last product is a full size nail lacquer duo by StrangeBeautiful.  Although my photo is over-exposed and doesn't represent the shades well, these are gorgeous complementary colors in charcoal gray and dusty rose. Just beautiful!



Do you agree that March was a stellar month for Boxycharm?  The total retail value of these products is $123.98 so I think my $21 was well spent!  My hopes for the April box are high but I think they're going to have a hard time improving on the March box.

So far, I've been unable to find any discount codes for Boxycharm but with a huge step-up in value like the March box, you really don't need a code.  However, if anyone does have one and would like to share, please e-mail me and I'll be glad to include it here.

If you'd like to try Boxycharm, click here; I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Thanks for reading,

Cheryl

2 comments:

Lyn said...

I want that lipstick!

Lone Star Shopper said...

Keep an eye on my boutique. It will be appearing there soon!