Monday, October 20, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag Subscription Review, October 2014 + Product Discount Codes!

As far as I'm concerned, Ipsy's Glam Bag is and always has been the best $10 beauty subscription out there. Of course, they have an occasional weak moment but they consistently send the most interesting new products as well as the best value for price paid. Ipsy sends luxury sample sizes but they often include one or more full size products as well.  One of those alone can be worth the price of the bag. For such a low cost service, it is amazing to me that Ipsy also offers some customization via a system they call "ipsyMatch". In my case, they get it right most of the time! 

You are always in for a treat when that attention-grabbing hot pink metallic bag shows up in your mailbox!



An added bonus with Ipsy is the cute cosmetic bag they send every month.  After two plus years as an Ipsy subscriber, I have accumulated quite a collection of these. October's bag is a beautiful teal quilted look vinyl with a fabric lining. The Ipsy logo zipper pull is a nice custom touch on all their bags now.


The theme for October is "Beauty Candy". This month I received four generous sample size products and one full size mascara. 


The mascara is a new one to me, "Big Bold Curl" by New York Color. This one claims to give twelve times more volume. I know black is the most universal shade but since most beauty box addicts are inundated with black mascaras, I wish they'd take a risk and send some other color. This is quite an inexpensive mascara that sells for $4.47 at Walmart.


Next is a little container of H20+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment.  This is a moisturizing gel that hydrates and minimizes the appearance of fine lines. The reviews are pretty good on this product. You can get 25% off any purchase at their site using code IPSY14 at checkout.


There is a Starlooks lip gloss sample in a pretty woodsy rose shade called "Guilty Pleasure". Starlooks has their own subscription service which I have reviewed in the past. They have nice quality products but I felt their subscription service was somewhat overpriced. I'm happy to see some of their items showing up in other beauty sub boxes. Use the code IPSY to get a 20% discount on all orders at the Starlooks website.


Facial cleansing wipes are always welcome. This bag included a sample package of Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths that contains 10 single-use cloths. I really like Skyn Iceland products (especially their eye cream) so this month's discount is really tempting. Use code IPSYGCC to get 50% off one item plus 20% off all additional products at their site through 11/21/14.


The fifth product is Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin scent.  Everything about this product appeals to me, from the cute colorful packaging to the light citrusy scent and the weightless non-greasy feel on my hands. Definitely a keeper! Until 11/30/14, use code IPSY to get 15% off any Figs & Rouge purchase at FeelUnique.

I thought this was a really nice bag and one that is quite representative of the quality and value that you can expect from Ipsy. They sent a fun and interesting mix of products that I will actually use. For me, the only questionable item is the mascara; the rest are winners!

Thanks for reading,

Cheryl

No comments: