Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yumvelope All Natural Snack Food Subscription Review, May 2014 + 20% Discount Code!

One of the newer healthy snack subscription boxes is Yumvelope.  Is that a cool name for a monthly food service or what?  Yumvelope sends a selection of all natural products that can include drinks, cookies, nuts, chocolate, snack bars, etc.  Most of these are small batch or artisan brands.  I was impressed that they send all full size items...no tiny samples in this box!

Yumvelope's subscription plan is simple.  If you subscribe on a month to month basis, it's $21 per month plus free shipping.  If you subscribe for six months, it's $126.00 plus free shipping and you get a free bonus shipment.  If you would like to try Yumvelope on a one time basis, the cost is $21.00 plus $3.00 shipping.  

My first box contained a really nice mix of seven full sized items:
  


There is a card describing each item and giving its retail price, as well as contact information if you want to buy more of a particular product.  There are also two discount coupons for Kiss Me Organics and Nina's Fresh Baked.



First is what just might be the best tasting food item I've received to date in a snack subscription box...a big 10 oz. bag of Pecan Cherry Granola by Nina's Fresh Baked. Honestly, this is some of the best granola I've ever tasted.  It's made from oats, roasted pecans, dried Montmorency cherries, maple syrup and sea salt.  It has big chunks of pecan (my favorite ingredient in anything) and is a perfect mix of sweet, crunchy and salty....absolutely delicious!  I'm so glad to be introduced to this brand; I just may be a new customer of theirs very soon.  

      

Next is a big chunky apple cinnamon quinoa "breakfast cookie" from Morning Sunshine.  This is a high protein, high fiber cookie with slow release carbs.  Looks like a great breakfast alternative that would be really easy to eat on the go.



The box included two Fig Bars by Nature's Bakery, one in Lemon and one in Strawberry. I've had these before and they are quite tasty and filling.  These are cholesterol free which is a big plus for me these days.



Next is a 2 oz. package of "Organically Grown California Pistachios Straight from the Farm" by Allgood Provisions.  These are roasted with sea salt, so good!  They are pretty high in fat, but unlike chocolate, pistachios are something I can eat in moderation.



There is a big 16.9 oz. bottle of Alo's "Appeal" drink in the flavor Pomelo Lemon + Pink Grapefruit.  This is such an attractive looking square bottle and I love the flavor combination!  Alo adds aloe vera pulp to their various drink flavors which is said to have all sorts of health benefits. This is another product I'm really happy to have an opportunity to try.



The last item in May's Yumvelope is a package containing two Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip cookies from Ella's Heavenly Hunks.  I haven't tried these yet but looks like a great flavor combination.



Since I'm trying to improve my diet and avoiding snacks is out of the question, I thought Yumvelope was a great solution.  With the exception of the fig bars, all of these foods were new to me.  The careful curation of my first box gives me a lot of confidence in this company so I'm really looking forward to my next Yumvelope!

A big thank you goes to Yumvelope for providing a great discount for my readers. Use code "lonestarshopper" for a 20% discount off your first month.  I think you'll be as impressed with this company as I am!

Now I'm off to spend some quality time with that big bag of granola!

As always, thanks for reading,

Cheryl

No comments: